THE SKILLED TRADES ADVANTAGE
The Building Trades of Alberta is about PEOPLE, PARTNERSHIPS and COMMUNITY. We represent 75,000 skilled building trades professionals working in 16 trade unions in Alberta. We provide solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing industry in an energy conscious world.
- We work on Industrial, commercial, and institutional construction projects – as well as on maintenance projects – throughout Alberta.
- We partner with contractors and employers to deliver projects on budget and on schedule.
- We provide the most reliable, productive, and safest building trades workforce available.
- We believe in investing in our people. We are the largest supporters of apprenticeship and training for building trades workers in the private sector. Our union training facilities and programs set the standard in the construction industry.
- We believe in investing in Alberta and in our communities. Through the Building Trades of Alberta Charitable Foundation, our members have donated over $5 million to worthwhile charities throughout Alberta.
Who are the Building Trades of Alberta members? We are your friends, your neighbours, and the volunteers that make our Alberta communities better places to live.
December 18, 2014
The Executive Board of the Building Trades of Alberta is pleased to announce the appointment of Douglas Worobetz to the position of Chairman.
John Alexander Tackaberry (Tack), age 59 of Edmonton, Alberta, passed away suddenly on October 8th, 2014 while in Kelowna, B.C.
October 9, 2014
We are saddened to advise of the sudden and unexpected passing on October 8, 2014 of our friend and brother John Tackaberry, IUPAT Local 177. John passed while attending to union business in Kelowna, BC.